Fall is Here...a Few Days Early


We have been doing some work in Campsite 5 this morning cleaning the picnic tables. Couldn't help but notice the changing leaves and so I have included a couple of shots (as promised last post) taken between the campsite and the restroom building. It is still a bit early and so they have only partially changed but it is starting to be quite pretty here.
As we contemplate the changes in the seasons it reminds me of the changes that come in life. Yesterday on our Prep Day we went to Wal-Mart, at Lois' insistence, and purchased some new Wranglers because I have lost so much weight. It feels much better now to have something as simple as pants that fit and I don't have to scrunch up my belt and use suspenders!
We had a talk given in our Stake Conference Saturday meeting last week where the speaker talked about how we sometimes want to look back at another time in our life and wish that it could be that way again, and how we, in fact, should look at "today" as our time and do the best we can with what we have now. It was very good advice for me, as I sometimes tend to dwell in the past too much and pine for "the way it used to be". We should instead look at the past as a learning period to help us go forward from today.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's good advice too. More than pine for the past, I sometimes want to jump into the future before it's time. I should be content with today!

    You are looking skinny in your pictures. But save your old pants, you may fill out again!

    Love

    Janeil

    ReplyDelete