Niue memories...

This past few weeks I have had a real trip down memory lane.

Suzanne Brown, a granddaughter of Elder and Sister Wyatt who served with me in Niue contacted me on Facebook and asked for some information about Niue and my mission there. So, in order to give her the assistance she asked for I really had to reach back into what I call the nether regions of my brain to recall some details.

She is writing a biography of her grandparents and has been very interested in some of the pictures and stories that I could share with her.  She also wanted me to try and "proof" her writing as to facts and figures.  It has really been fun to work with her.  Wednesday afternoon Lois and I are meeting with her and her sister who lives in Cedar Hills, at her sister's house.  That should be fun.

She is really doing a fantastic job.  She is, of course, getting most of her entries from the diaries and letters of her grandparents.

Here are a some pictures I shared with her of the home the Elders moved into when the Wyatts arrived and given the church mission home for their place.

This is the home itself in Vaikona.  No indoor plumbing so...
...in the backyard, the shower house, the outhouse and our banana "plantation".

Entry to the shower house and the "vanity".  We had been painting inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment